Especially if the hair is very frizzy, the ends of the hair reenter the skin and grow back into it. This leads to painful inflammation with papule and pustule formation.
Removing ingrown hairs
Procedures such as electric epilation or laser hair removal are less promising. Even internal antibiotic treatment by a doctor would only temporarily solve the problem of ingrown hairs. Only permanent hair removal with IPL can solve the problem of ingrown hairs for good. Thus, with permanent hair removal using IPL, the hair root is destroyed and the hair simply grows out. Permanent hair removal”:/en/laser-hair-removal-berlin.html of ingrown hairs is successfully carried out at the BellaDerma specialist centre with IPL treatment.
Care tips for ingrown hairs
- Always shave downwards in the direction of the hair growth.
- Use foaming, antibacterial shaving foam.
- Do not use a 2-blade razor.
- Use blade with one edge and replace after 2-3 times.
- Soak blade in alcohol for 10-20 minutes after use.
- Do not stretch the skin during shaving to get closer to the hair root.
- Do not remove ingrown hairs with wax (waxing) or tweezers.
- Do not use a razor with circular movements.
- Do not use depilatory products.
To remove dead horn cells from the skin, use a skin care product with a light exfoliating effect such as an enzyme peel before shaving. Dead horn cells that clog ingrown hairs can be removed by using a lotion with amino acids, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide or sulphur. Always use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor of at least 15.
No ingrown hairs with permanent hair removal
The best thing to do is visit us at our BellaDerma specialist centre in Berlin if you would like to find out more about ingrown hairs and permanent hair removal using IPL. We will advise you comprehensively and free of charge.