The BellaDerma specialist centre offers Botox treatments in Berlin Mitte and Berlin Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf. All treatments are carried out exclusively by experienced specialists in plastic and aesthetic medicine.
What is botulinum toxin (Botox)?
Botulinum toxin A is a naturally occurring protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It is known by the trade names Vistabel®, Botox, Dysport, Bocouture, Azzalure and Xeomin. Botulinum toxin A is a prescription-only substance that may only be used by licensed doctors in Germany. Botox blocks certain nerve impulses and is therefore considered a so-called neurotoxin. When botulinum toxin is injected through the skin into a muscle, this muscle is temporarily completely or partially relaxed. However, other nerve functions – such as feeling, touch, temperature sensation – are not affected.
Where can Botox be used successfully?
Frown lines, forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet can be treated very well with Botox. In all three cases, relaxation of the facial muscles, as induced by botulinum toxin, can lead to a significant reduction in the depth of wrinkles, resulting in a visibly more even skin appearance. Botox can be injected for medical indications against excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) in the armpits or hands. Botox can also be used as a painkiller for migraines.
- Before the Botox treatment, the patient’s skin is disinfected.
- Then a small, precisely calculated amount of Botox (Botulinum Toxin A) is injected specifically at several points of the respective facial muscle. By specifically weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles, the skin is smoothed.
- The areas are cooled to prevent possible skin swelling and to avoid minor bruising.
- The actual wrinkle treatment with Botox usually takes about 5 minutes.
- The patient can leave the practice immediately after the wrinkle treatment without being restricted in their everyday activities.
- The wrinkles are smoothed out after 2 to 10 days.
- The exact duration of effect of Botox varies from patient to patient and lasts approx. 6-8 months.
Costs for Botox treatment in Berlin:
The cost of a Botox treatment depends primarily on the amount of Botox units injected and the number of regions to be treated. For frown lines, forehead wrinkles or crow’s feet, at least 20 Botox units are needed. For a man with very pronounced expression lines, higher Botox doses are needed.
Botox only by a specialist in plastic surgery
Our plastic surgeons in Berlin strongly recommend that you only undergo Botox treatment with a specialist who is trained in plastic surgery and has experience in facial surgery. Visit us in our practice in Berlin Mitte or Berlin Charlottenburg. Place yourself confidently in the hands of our experienced specialist staff for your Botox treatment.