Microneedling with the DermaPen
Whether skin has been damaged by the sun, burn or acne scars are present or stretch marks, wrinkles or hyperpigmentation are to be treated: Microneedling with the DermaPen performs well in all these areas. The starting point for this gentle new technique is the knowledge of the average skin thickness of 1.5 millimetres. The 162 wafer-thin needles used in microneedling with the Dermapen are aligned accordingly.
In the past, when needling with a dermaroller or stamp, one had to specify a needle length. Today, with the micro-needling pen, the needle length can be individually adjusted for all treatment areas (depth adjustment from 0.25-2.5 mm) and you can also work with different speed levels.
Advantage of the DermaPen over the Dermaroller
Microneedling with the Dermapen has the following advantages over the Dermaroller:
- Speed up to 1,300 holes per second.
- cross-infections are not possible thanks to perfect sterility
- variable depth adjustment from 0.25-2.5 mm
- short treatment times
- minimal pain and bleeding
- Treatment of difficult areas, e.g. nose and eye area
Clinical studies prove that in people with signs of ageing, after just 5 treatments, the epidermis has become 40% thicker and the scars 60% smoother.
Microneedling areas of application
Micro-needling with the Dermapen is ideal for treating the following skin problems:
- scars, acne, acne scars
- Pigmentation disorders, shrinking large pores
- Skin rejuvenation
- Stretch marks, stretch marks (striae)
- Tightening of sagging skin
- small wrinkles
How is microneedling done with DermaPen?
If desired, a local anaesthetic can be applied before the microneedling. However, the treatment is not very painful. Working with the DermaPen causes microscopically small injuries that stimulate the formation and storage of collagen and elastin by the human body. As a result, wrinkles disappear and the skin visibly rejuvenates.
How often should microneedling be performed?
According to scientific findings and clinical studies, microneedling should be performed around two to three times, with a waiting period of six to eight words between each procedure. Since it is not an ablative technique like peeling, for example, the treatment can be performed several times without any problems. Depending on the skin structure and the client’s wishes, we usually combine two microneedling treatments with two skinbooster treatments.
What are the side effects of microneedling?
There are almost no known side effects from microneedling with the DermaPen. Short-term redness or swelling are possible. It is important that no intensive UVA/B radiation is used for about a week after the treatment. In addition, the microneedles contain about eight percent nickel, which occasionally causes allergic reactions. Accordingly, nickel allergies should be ruled out in advance of any treatment.
Contraindications, which are clarified before treatment
- Acute fever or herpes simplex
- acute alcohol or drug influence
- bacterial infections
- open wounds and inflammations
- skin diseases and skin infections (e.g. neurodermatitis, psoriasis, eczema in the treatment area, rosacea and inflammatory acne)
- Blood clotting disorders, haemophilia
- untreated diabetes mellitus
- cancer, suspected malignant circulatory disease
- Allergies to active ingredients used
- Immune insufficiency
- Taking blood-thinning medication
- Moles, liver spots, keloid scars and hypertrophic scars.
Microneedling Berlin only by skin specialists
At the BellaDerma specialist centre we usually combine two microneedling treatments with two skin booster treatments. However, this procedure can vary depending on the individual skin structure and the patient’s wishes. Are you interested in microneedling in Berlin? Then call us and make an appointment at the BellaDerma specialist centre for aesthetic treatments.